10.11.2015

Have faith and endure.

Today in Sunday School we talked about "enduring to the end". I can't tell you how many times I've heard this throughout my life, but for the first time, it clicked. It was another answer to the constant prayer that I have had in my heart over the past six months. I had spent much time agonizing about things that were done and said towards me that were unfair. I spent so much time worrying and assuming and being just plain uncomfortable. I spent countless hours talking with Ryan about what I should do...and then I proceeded to not follow his sound advice because I was scared of what the outcome might be. I felt broken and near defeated. And then I decided to pray. And I watched General Conference with a prayer in my heart. And I received the answer I so desperately needed: "exercise your faith!" With every conference talk, I felt a reassurance that it would be ok, and that I would be ok. That I would find a way to get myself out of this situation and on to bigger and better things. After I received this witness, I found myself not just listening to Ryan's counsel, but heeding it! And what a difference that made! I felt that I was in control of my life again! And what was even more amazing: I had an experience that was not only a direct answer to my prayers, but it was so tailored to me that I couldn't doubt for a second that it was a miracle! It was my miracle. All because a dear friend wanted to help me out, she (though she might not have realized it) received a prompting of what I should do. As soon as I carried out her counsel, I had that miraculous experience!

Every single thing since then has fallen into place. Every. Single. Thing. If only I had exercised my faith sooner! This experience has taught me the importance of having faith and the patience and perseverance to endure. Wow! Talk about a testimony builder!




Oh man, you guys. I know that if we center our lives on what truly matters, and repent and pray often, that when we read and ponder on the scriptures, that we will receive answers to our prayers. That we will receive exactly what we need. It won't be in our perceived ideal time frame, but the Lord's timing is all that matters. We need to trust and have faith in Him and all things will fall into place. When we trust in Him, our eyes are opened to the many blessings that we have, and I promise, there will be many blessings that will come if we live righteously. Have faith and endure to the end.


XOXO,  
post signature