10.24.2014

I owe you an explanation...

...as to why I did not post this in time for Thankful Thursday this week. The honest truth is my day got away from me and I decided to go to bed instead of stay up and figure out this post. It was sheer laziness, but I'm glad I waited, because if I had written this that very night, it would have been not very fun to read because I was tired. So there you go. 

(belated) Thankful Thursday: pillows, fresh sheets, cool autumn air, crisp mornings, drizzling rain, waking up without an alarm, Bubs, no-technology Thursday.

Weekend Recap:

On Friday, we went to clean the temple. I'm not really a fan of cleaning, but I actually enjoy cleaning the temple. Probably because 1) I get to feel the Spirit, 2) I get to wear pants in the temple without breaking the rules & 3) I'm scoring heaven points. Yay!
  Bubs loves when I force him to take selfies.
 Afterwards, we went grocery shooping at Winco. Bubs was seriously debating about whether or not to get Frankenberry/Booberry cereal. In the end, we passed it up because it costs too many pennies.

On Saturday morning, we woke up super early and got ready to head up to Camp Bountiful to close it up/get it ready for winter. Bubs made "egg toast" for breakfast. Which is apparently different than french toast. Ha.
 ...egg toast= bread soaked with egg and cooked, then smothered with cream cheese and jam and eaten like a sandwich. This guy...
  Our drive was so scenic! I must have said "it's so pretty" like 12 times. Because it was.
 ...and then our GPS took us here...on this crazy dirt road next to a giant cliff. I may have freaked out (I was driving and could see down the cliff) and had Bubs drive. He managed to make a 50 point turn and get us back on the main road. Yay for husbands!

When we got there, I was the only female. And I rocked it. We painted oil on wood benches so they would not dry out and fall apart. Then I operated a woodchipper. Like a boss! Bubs was sneaky and took a picture of me! I love this guy!
My job was to push the button that made it run. So you could say that I was the brains behind it all. I pushed that button for like 2 hours. And let me tell you, it was not easy. I had to lean on my hand, so the button would be pushed in. I figured out that if the button was not pushed all the way in, the woodchipper would stop. Lame. Sometimes the safety would trigger and it would stop too, so I had to jerk the safety bar back into place. In case you were wondering, I nailed it (note the above pictures of awesomeness).

 When we were done, we stopped by the in-laws' house and ate lunch. Dad-in-law made an amazing sub! He knows to pack on the meat, which is why we are food friends.
We rested at home for the remainder of the evening. It was magical. I made cookies. This might be the best cookie recipe ever. (The recipe is supposed to make 4 dozen, but when I made it, it yielded 3 dozen. I like my cookies big)
 On Sunday, I went vintage. My hair turned out pretty good. I was/still am impressed with myself.

 We went to Clinton & Camie's house for dinner. (Clinton is Bubs' best friend ever) We made Porkofrijoles (secret family recipe) and ate my delicious homemade cookies for dessert. Then we played catch phrase and somehow Bubs/Clinton won. That was some miracle. Ha.

Random:

This pic.
Taken (technically on our honeymoon) during our open house. Note how genuinely happy he looks. I think this is the only picture I have of him looking normal. Ha.

The sky.
Ignore the ridiculous glare and notice the sky! Talk about gorgeous and blue! The weather has been so weird and grey and foggy and sometimes blue and beautiful all in the same day. I'm still waiting for the fall weather to stick around for more than two hours...

I painted my nails.
...for the first time in too long! I forgot how much more I like my hands when my nails are painted.
Yea...that happened too... *Twinsies*

Ok. So you know how I mentioned "No Technology Thursdays" at the beginning of this post? Bubs & I decided that on Thursdays after we get home from work/school, we will disconnect from our phones. We started this tradition this week and it was super fun! We watched Charlie's Angels 2 via Netflix (which was super lame btw) and had a blast! We may or may not have spent the whole time making fun of the movie. Ha.

Weekly Obsessions:

This show.
It reminds me of my 100% real Southern heritage. (Alabama. You're welcome.)

This show too.
Did I tell you that season 2 arrived on Netflix?! Finally! I may have had a mini panic attack when I saw it was added. Ha. I love it. The drama!

Anyways, hope you're all having a good weekend thus far!