8.14.2014

This has been a long week.

But thankfully, its Thursday!

Thankful Thursday: the simple life, pillows, fresh sheets, hugs, peace and quiet, Temple covenants, my eternal companion, the Word of Wisdom, the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I realized today that I haven't done a Weekly Obsessions post in a while! My favorite things this week are:
This little beauty.
I've been wanting to try the Clairsonic for a while, but was put off by the ridiculous price tag. My Mother felt the same, and so she did some research and found a bunch of reviews that said  the Olay Pro-X was on par with the Clairsonic but was a fraction of the price! She ended up buying one and she loved it, so when I heard her rave about it, I requested one for my birthday. It's awesome! It's compact and has two speed settings. It comes with a trial-size cleanser, but I use my own (the Oil-Free Acne Face Wash Pink Grapefruit Cleanser from Neutrogena). I use it twice daily with my cleanser and my skin has cleared up so much! I'm one step closer having clear, pretty skin!

Burt's Bees.
You all know that I have a deep love for their pink grapefruit lip balm, but I recently branched out and tried some of their other products- and you know what? They're pretty cool. I received these as a gift from my dad and his wife. I love that their line uses all natural ingredients plus they work great! The shampoo and conditioner are free from sulfates, parabens and artificial fragrances! They also smell really good and it keep my oily hair in check- which is always nice. Most lotions boast of "24 Hour Moisture", but this is the first I've seen that tells the truth! It keeps my skin moisturized, but doesn't leave me feeling oily or sticky. I'm in love!

Cookie Dough!

 Ryan went on an overnight camping trip with some friends on Monday. Being that this is only like the third time we've been apart overnight since we got married, I had to something epic to keep myself from being sad and lonely. I contemplated getting dressed up and going to the one store that I have contemplated living in Target. I thought about reading a book and contemplating life. But due to the laziness that sets in after a long workday, I ended up Netflixing and eating cookie dough. I made an entire batch of cookie dough and didn't bake a single cookie. This, my friends, is my version of living large on a budget.

My ultimate weekly obsession.
Bubs loves this show, but I had never watched it prior to last Saturday. Honestly, I had written it off because it wasn't my usual drama chick type show Pretty Little Liars-esque. I decided to watch it because I was in between shows and Bubs loves it, so I figure I should at least give it a shot. Being that he is a "geek",  I was concerned that I would have a hard time following along and that I would miss hints and clues pointing back to the comic books. I actually love Arrow! It has a intricate plot along with lots of drama and I love the way it has flashbacks that give you info so you can piece together how things happened (it IS like Pretty Little Liars after all!) I find Oliver Queen's internal conflicts to be fascinating and the other characters are pretty interesting also. I highly recommend it!

I hope everyone is having a good Pre-Friday!