8.07.2014

The Color Run

Happy Thursday/pre-Weekend!

Thankful Thursday: air conditioning/box fans, a place of our own, faith, the gospel of Jesus Christ, running water, technology, Bubs, forever families, Temples, serenity, freedoms as a member of the Church, freedoms as a woman, health, the smell of rain, the beauty of nature.

So I've know you all are super pumped to hear about my AMAZING birthday weekend! Let's start with Friday. Ryan & I went to Sports Authority to pick up race packets for our team. The people that worked there were super impressed that we had 9 people on our team.

Each race packet came in a reusable shoulder bag. Inside was a tshirt, rubber bracelet, race bib, temporary tattoos, and sweatband.

My dad and his family came in that evening and we went to dinner at Chang Brother's Chinese Restaurant! It was so good!
 Awkward selfies are a must when I'm with this girl.
My fortune.

Saturday was race day! We were up bright and early and excited to get dirty! 
                                                             Can you tell I was excited?
It was so fun! First race: COMPLETED. I felt so accomplished. Even though I walked the whole thing. Especially since I ran the whole way.

Saturday evening Bubs, Little Miss and Big Boy(my sibs), Big Boy's lady friend, Mother, Jeffrey and I went to dinner at this fancy Italian place in Folsom- Visconti's. It was so good! The lasagna really hit the spot AND our waitress surprised me with a scoop of gelato complete with a candle!

Sunday dinner was with Bubs' family. Mom-in-Law made a super delicious dinner (per usual). The menu was beef stroganoff, homemade rolls, salad, and my favorite part- birthday cheesecake topped with fresh berries! It was delish!
 Bubs is always my food model.
 He got a belated birthday card and gift too!
I love love love Burt's Bees!
 We played games too! I somehow managed to not be the target of Bubs' attacks.



Monday I had to work (boo) but Ryan was able to have fun with my dad and his family. They went to the Pedrick and the Jelly Belly Factory! He got to sample all sorts of goodies, Needless to say, I was jealous.
When I was  done with work, I met them at our fave Mexican place- La Fiesta Taqueria! I always order the same thing- a wet California burrito (with green sauce) and al pastor. It's my fave!

Big Boy was working (at Taylor's) and missed dinner, so we decided to trek out to Loomis and see him! Plus, the fam had never been there, so we had to go! We all had delicious milkshakes. I had the PB&J of course, and Bubs had a vanilla ice cream cone. He was a happy boy.
After we had said hi to Big Boy and eaten our yummy treats, we said goodnight and goodbye because my dad and his fam were leaving early the next day.

This was one of my favorite birthdays yet! I guess being 24 isn't so bad.