8.21.2014

I'm So Fancy!

Just kidding. I've got to be the exact opposite of fancy. Which is ok because fancy people are opulent and in my mind that means "mo' money, mo' problems". Isn't that the truth!

Thankful Thursday: the basics (food, clothes, a safe place to live), the small things, nature, the smell of evening air, confidence, having room for improvement, Bubs.

I used to run a lot. I ran so much I almost used to like it. But then I took a day off. And then two. And here we are and I haven't ran in a a very long time. I also used to be really good about staying away from sugar and meticulously tracking everything I ate. I'm trying to get better at that. I'm also trying to walk in the evenings after work. I say trying because I always decide to do it and then I get home and realize how hungry/tired/lazy I am. So most nights I don't make it off the couch out the door. But I have walked twice this week which I am pretty proud of. Yay me!

Anyways, this past weekend was chock full of fun! Friday night Bubs' best friend, Phat Kid came over to have dinner and hang out! Bubs made Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy AND corn! It was delish! Witness the glory.


 Can you tell that Phat Kid is a foodie?


After dinner, Phat Kid and Bubs had a "mini-LAN" which is always entertaining. I used to stay up and watch/laugh at them playing their games, but I'm pretty used to it now, so I just hung out in our room and went to bed early.  Phat Kid ended up sleeping over, so I made us all pancakes for breakfast. I learned after making super fat, huge pancakes that Bubs likes his super thin, so as to keep the "chocolate chip-pancake ratio" in tact. Whoops. Next time, Bubs!

After breakfast, I went shopping with a good friend of mine. We went to the Moth Hole for one of their $5 Parking Lot sales! Stay tuned for pictures of my haul! Saturday evening we went to the Rivercats game with the Cub Scouts in our ward! (Bubs' last event as an assistant in the Webelos) It was Scout Day/Star Wars Day at Raley Field! We got to ride the secret tram for people with disabilities. (Don't worry, we had someone in our group that qualified us for the ride!)
 As soon we walked through the entrance, we were handed foam "light sabers" and to my delight their were people in costumes for me to take pictures with! I was pretty dang excited. Like more excited than the three year-old that was in our group.


 We sat on the lawn! We had a blanket and everything! The sun was in our eyes for a while, hence these squinty eyes.
 We got Merlino's too! In case you haven't tried it, you need to go! Its like a cross between a slushie and a smoothie. We got Bubs' favorite flavor: Strawberry.
 Being that it was Star Wars Day, Darth Vader threw the first pitch and boy did he put on a show! He used the Force to freeze the ball. Pretty cute!

 I told Bubs to show me his light saber.
 This little cutie is in my Nursery class at church! He also happens to be the son of Bubs' other assistant Scout compadre. Bubs had a ton of fun playing with him!


 During the fireworks after the game, they played parts of the Star Wars soundtrack. It was pretty cute watching this little guy dance to the music.
 *Cue Star Wars theme*
It was super great! Anyways, time for my Weekly Obsessions!
 Calligraphy.
 I used to be super into calligraphy. I'm not so good with making up fonts and things but I can copy/freehand things pretty well. See that super cute print above? I made that.

I like big buns and I cannot lie.
 This is how many bobby pins I've been using in my hair each morning to make my super huge buns. I like having a big bun without using a hair donut. It makes me feel accomplished.

Hope you all are having a good almost weekend! I'm super looking forward to my work luncheon tomorrow! I'll post pics soon!