8.30.2014

This week has flown by.

It's been work, hang out with Bubs a bit, sleep. Repeat. I've been spending most of my down time asleep- hence me not blogging until now. This was Bubs' first week of school and he has been a busy bee! He's taking 15 units and working part time, so he hasn't had much down time. I've been making more of a point to put down what I'm doing and hang out with him when he gets home. I even planned a romantic night in to celebrate finishing his first day of school- complete with M&M's, apple juice in fancy glasses and lavender scented candles. (I love candles that smell good!) It was nice to spend time together without the distractions of school/work/social media.

Thankful Thursday: health, baby smiles, good hair days, heavy sleep, running water, social media, lady friends, air conditioning, first world problems.

I have to recap! 

Friday of last weekend, Bubs & I went to my work luncheon at Biba's. Here is my last minute outfit.
 I love these shoes! It makes me feel posh to wear chevron. Is that weird?
 For some reason he always looks like this when he drives.

 Bubs insisted that breadsticks need butter.
 I always get the beet salad.
 This guy is happiest when he's eating. (He got the spaghetti carbonara)
 I always get the lasagna. (It's only made on Thursdays and Fridays, so I take advantage)
Going...
 Going...
 Gone.
 He liked this spaghetti because it has "the fancy bacon".
 This is how you know he likes the sauce.
 The chocolate mousse cake was devine!
 Bubs got the lemon gelato with the raspberry sauce. I wish he would have let me eat more than two bites!

Friday night we were invited to go to a concert in the park with our friends. They have two of the cutest kids ever!
 Their son is really into Lightening McQueen, and he challenged Bubs to "race" at least ten times. They ran all over while "revving their engines". They took the occasional break to take off their shoes and put them back on change their tires and drink water refuel. It was too cute.

Bubs' parents hosted family dinner at their house on Sunday. This is the usual hangout. I always thought the kitchen was the house of our home, until I went to the in-laws house. They congregate here often because someone's always making something yummy. This is where I usually learn a new lesson, like how to chop things!
 That day's lesson was making a salad. I did fine with the assembly, but tossing it was a whole 'nother story. Can I just say that that's way harder than it looks? I got salad everywhere. I put it all back in the bowl before I took this picture. Notice the bits of carrot still on the counter? That's the part that I was too lazy to put back.
 Dinner was pork chops, salad, corn, chips & mango salsa! Delicious, per usual.
 We always play 5 Crowns after dinner. It's grown on me. I can now play without having to review all the rules beforehand. (which I had to do the first 6+ times I played it)

 I was doing really well until round 8. Bubs claims that I did that well only because I "cheated"...which may or may not be true... ;)
 Overall, a super fun weekend. I hope you all are having a relaxing Saturday!