2.19.2015

A new beginning.

Remember a while back when I said that I'm constantly re-inventing myself? Well, here I am again. In my last post, I started reading again. Over the past few months I've done a massive wardrobe overhaul. I'm trying to learn how to do my hair & make up in a way that makes me feel more confident. I'm working internally on a bunch of things too. It feels good to go through life with a "new & improved" version of myself.

I've been doing really good about changing the temporal & emotional things about myself that I feel need work. I feel like I need to spend more time to make some changes within my spiritual self.

Things I'm working on (spiritually):


  • Using Saturday to prepare for the Sabbath (like that primary song..."Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday...")
  • Keeping the Sabbath day holy by not cleaning & doing laundry/chores
  • Temple attendance
  • Taking more time throughout my day to pray
  • Praying more sincerely 
  • Offering more prayers of thanks
  • Directing my thoughts toward the Savior & the Atonement during the Sacrament (this is a really hard one for me! I always get caught up in planning  upcoming events for the week!)

I've noticed that when I keep myself prepared spiritually, my week goes a lot smoother & I feel more peaceful, even during times of stress.

This past week:
 Bubs made me breakfast. I just put a poptart in the toaster & came out to find that he'd made me breakfast! Do you like his serving tray? Hehe.

 More conference calls! Yay!


...I was prepping the ValenSpine cards to give out at our party that I was throwing on Fiday. (Get it? ValenSpine? I work in a Chiropractic office! Ha)


I downloaded my fave movie on the planet. It took forever, but was so worth it.

I  saw this while I was out & about & had to send a pic of it to Ryan. Talk about perfect. (Upon receipt of my text he replied "It should say 'Garbage disposal like daddy!" This guy...)

The shirts I ordered from eShakti.com came in the mail! 

Part of my wardrobe revamp is to find modest, comfortable clothes that flatter me & give me more of a shape. (My body type is more boyish) This cute peplum did just that!


This is the other one I ordered. Yay for peplums!


Bubs is so good at volunteering to help the missionaries. He did exchanges with them on Thursday & then made dinner for them on Friday. I love that he's always signing us up to do service.


Bubsie tweaked a family recipe for Sawmill Sandwiches & it turend out so good! These cute little missionaries had to tuck their ties into their shirts because our meal was that messy!

We had a super chill Valentines Day. We slept in & didn't get out of bed until after noon! It was wonderful.
We snacked for breakfast & headed to one of our new fave places, Parker's! If your ever in Roseville, we highly recommend you check it out! The only downside is that its super small inside, so you have to be quick to snatch up a table!







I like their chilidogs. Bubs & I always order a lot & share it all. 'Merica!

Random fact: I could not remove an entire napkin from the napkin dispenser to save my life. I kid you not. 
...and then Bubs removed a whole bunch perfectly in tact in like two seconds flat. I was speechless. It was almost comical.
Then we headed to Fry's to pick out my gift.

I knew it ould be a long trip. (Fry's is to Bubs what Target is to me)


Bumblebee - Transformers - Jose Lopez
Am I right?

Bubs was loving this giant tower...until he thought about how heavy it would be to carry...(which is a real concern because he would have to transport it to & from the LAN parties...) 

We had to look inside a few.

...and then there were like a billion motherboards...

...and then we looked at the network cables for  while.

...until we found one that was the right price & length.

...on to the main event! ...almost. This phone was so giant I had to take a picture, A 7+ inch screen?! How are you even supposed to fit that in your pocket?!
This is what we came for. He spent like an hour comparing price and "specs" of different laptops.

... I got bored & started to wander when I found these. Fun, right?

...after waiting forever/finally being able to flag down an employee, the purchase was made!

...then we looked at DVD drives that can plug into my laptop. He was in it to win it.

...then we found these. We had to get them. As soon as I got in the car, I had open them & test how bendy their arms & legs were/play with them. They were hardly bendy at all! (wah wah) I'm contemplating gluing their hands together so it looks like they're holding hands. 



Because the weather was so amazing, we listened to Metallica loudly with the windows down. This is how we do.


My new Blogging Lappy! Yay for portable blogging fun!

Sunday was our last in the ward. It was bittersweet. The Primary presidency gave me some of my fave goodies & one of my former Nursery peeps made me that cute little page with the pics & names of each of my Nursery kiddos! It was very sweet. It was hard to leave though, becasue this was my favorite calling of all time & I don't think any calling I have in the future will come close. But it was so so fun to help these cute babes learn & grow in the gospel! I'm really going to miss them!


We went to Mother & Jeffrey's house for dinner. Mother was pleased to see that she looks pocket sized in this picture. I love these two...


Weekly Obsessions:

Tea before bed.
I've started drinking tea before bed. (It's herbal. I'm all about that Word of Wisdom!) It helps me unwind.

Reading...still.
This past week I've been heading to work a little early so I can read in my car. This particular day the weather was so lovely that I had to open my door & soak up the sun.

My new Blogging Machine/laptop!




Hehe. This happened like two minutes ago when I remembered I had a webcam.

Heroes.
I've been hooked on this show since Tuesday. Hiro is my super fave because he keeps thing silly & light. (which is really helpful because the show as a whole can be pretty intense & kinda creepy) I highly recommend it! (all 4 seasons are on Netflix!)

Thankful Thursday: prayer, hugs, opportunities to grow, safety, the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, the drive to improve myself, music, my loving Heavenly Father & my Savior, Jesus Christ.


I hope ya'll are having a good week so far! 

PS Saturday is our big move. Keep us in your prayers! (I always appreciate the extra blessings!)


XOXO,
post signature