7.30.2015

Honey, be yourself.

Let's take a moment and have a little chat. You are important. I feel like sometimes I tend to feel like my worth is less than it is and play that comparison game. But I shouldn't! So I'm going to take a day and be happy in my own skin. I am going to be proud of who I am, what I stand for, and what I've accomplished! If you're not feeling the love yet, watch this Kid President pep talk video






Weekly Recap:

This past week...



 I got stuck in traffic on my way home from the mall. Boo. On the upside, I scored some amazing deals!


Family visited and we made pizza. It was so good!


My cousin, Riann, spent the night and we watched PLL and painted our nails. It was way fun!


We ate lots of yummy things: like berries. My berries!


We went to the temple becauses Sis-in-Law-Jenn received her endowments. So fun!


Then we went to dinner at our fave communal family Chinese place: Chang Bros!


 I broke another toothbrush. Good thing I have a whole stash of identical ones!



National Cheesecake Day was a great idea! (Still going on through today- 7/30/15!)




Weekly Obsessions:
  • Dreams by Beck
  • Around The World by Natalie La Rose, Fetty Wap (what's with that name?)
  • Gooey by Glass Animals
  • Electric Feel by MGMT
  • Kids! by MGMT
  • basically the whole "Congratulations" album by MGMT
  • Molecules by Atlas Genius
  • Home by Phillip Phillips
  • Ex's and Oh's by Elle King
  • Cara Delevigne's responses in this interview...I don't blame her for being sarcastic, especially when people keep asking her the same questions over and over!
  • "How often do we make a mistake about the right way, letting ourselves be led along by the trends of the world? We need to continually ask ourselves if we are being doers of the words of Jesus Christ."
    • Elder Claudio Zivic, "Let's Not Take The Wrong Way" (April 2014)
  • Doctrine and Covenants 3:2 "For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand, nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round."
  • "You know, some things don't matter that much, Lily. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart- now that matters."
    • August, The Secret Life of Bees
  • that time PLL referenced chiropractic:
    • Spencer's mom: You have to keep your future aligned!
    • Spencer: Then I'll go and see a chiropractor!  
      • Ha. That made my life. :)

This quote.
Love it!



Thankful Thursday: the gospel of Jesus Christ, naps, our current situation, opportunities to grow, technology, the strength of my Mother (and her testimony), sacred Temple covenants, eternal families. 


What are you thankful for?

XOXO, 

post signature