12.21.2014

I am not perfect.


 
Sometimes I wonder how my life would be different if I had made different choices or not met certain people...or avoided certain pitfalls. Everyone wishes they could take some things back. I'm not exempt from that. Sometimes I wish I could undo some choices. But then I realize that the consequences of these decisions- both good & bad, have shaped me to be the person I am today. I'm trying to get better at loving myself. It's something that I work on daily. I am trying to see myself as the child of God that I am. I have to shut out that voice that tells me that I'm not enough. The easiest way for me to do that is when I have an unkind thought about myself, I tell myself that it's not true.

I am trying to be kinder to myself & those around me. I'm trying to broaden my horizons by learning new skills. I am trying to get out of my comfort zone in little ways each day. I am grateful that each day is a new day, a new chance to try to be a little better. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that allows me to change. I am grateful for this time of year where the world celebrates the spirit of Christmas, which is the spirit of Christ. I am grateful to have the perfect example of my Savior and Redeemer. I am grateful to know about His humble life. That shows me that its okay to not have a "life in the fast lane" that I sometimes wish I had. I am grateful for the surety & peace that the gospel of Jesus Christ provides. I am grateful for the infinite love of my loving Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful to know the truth. I am grateful to know that I have divine nature & that I am the daughter of a King. I am grateful for the endless opportunities that I have to serve others. As I was reminded in church today, that when we serve others, it's like we are serving our Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. Charity really is the pure love of Christ. I love our Savior & I love this gospel with everything that I am.

 I know with every fiber of my being that Thomas S. Monson is a modern-day prophet of God. I know that he is the mouthpiece of God & receives revelation for our day & age. I know that God will not allow a true prophet to lead the church astray. I know that President Monson & the apostles of the church speak only truth. I know that if we follow the commandments as best as we can that we will be happy. But not only happy, we will receive a fullness of joy. I am so blessed to have been raised in this church. I am grateful for the simple truths that I learned as a child & even more grateful as I learn the other principles that build on them.

As Christmas gets closer & closer, I have taken more time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas- the birth of our Savior. I know that He is the reason for the season. I am so grateful for Him. I encourage you all to watch this Mormon Message "Share the Gift" . It truly encompasses the message of Christ.
I love you all & so appreciate you for keeping up with me & my life. I am truly blessed.

 
XOXO,
post signature
 
PS What do you think of my new signature?